Are you tired of waking up in pain? Do your bones or joints ache? Do you have a sport-related injury? Were you involved in a motor vehicle collision or work-related injury? The Integral team is here to help. We are group of highly skilled physiotherapists who are ridiculously fun to be around! For us, physiotherapy is not just our profession, it’s our passion. When it comes to physical therapy, Edmonton clients can rely on us to help improve their quality of life.
The heart of the physiotherapy profession is understanding how and why movement and function take place. Physiotherapists are highly trained and autonomous health professionals who provide safe, quality, client-centered physiotherapy through a commitment to service availability, accessibility and excellence. The profession is grounded in scientific evidence and shaped by the education and competencies of the physiotherapists delivering services. Physiotherapy is rooted in the belief that, to be effective, its services must respond to the changing needs of populations and our health system. At Integral Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic, we aim to provide excellent, personalized treatment to individuals whose lives can be made better through physiotherapy. Edmonton residents can depend on our team of professionals who are dedicated to helping clients heal and recover.
First time at a physio, I came in with shoulder impingements and was having issues low-bar squatting. Adam was able alleviate the pain in one session. Adam and his team also provided me with stretches to do at home which has helped a lot. Highly recommend this place, will definitely be back.
Physiotherapy is a primary care, autonomous, client-focused health care profession dedicated to improving quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness
- Preventing disease, injury and disability
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations and participation restrictions
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance
- Rehabilitating injury and effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline
Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems. The profession is committed to health, lifestyle and quality of life. This holistic approach incorporates a broad range of physical and physiological therapeutic interventions and aids.
Our clients’ health and well-being are our priority, and we continually update our education and technology to provide the best possible treatment. At Integral Physiotherapy located in downtown Edmonton, clients can expect nothing short of excellent service.
Primary physiotherapy functions defined
Physiotherapists utilize diagnostic and assessment procedures and tools in order to develop and implement preventative and therapeutic courses of intervention. They apply a collaborative and reasoned approach to help clients achieve their health goals, in particular focusing on musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiorespiratory and multi-systems.
Physiotherapists analyze the impact of injury, disease, disorders or lifestyle on movement and function. PT’s unique contribution to health care is to promote, restore and prolong physical independence by enhancing a client’s functional capacity through appropriate and evidence-based physiotherapy. Edmonton clients are encouraged to assume responsibility for their health and participate in team approaches to health service delivery.
University education and training
At Integral Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic, our physiotherapists have completed extensive university training and post-secondary courses to ensure we are providing the most up-to-date treatments. According to regulations, physiotherapists in Alberta complete a Masters degree at an accredited university such as the University of Alberta.
At Integral, we believe in lifelong learning and are therapists have taken the following complementary courses:
- Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Active Release Technique (ART©)
- Peripheral and spinal manipulations
- Functional dry needling
- Concussion management and treatment
- Radial shockwave
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Connect therapy
- Functional movement screening
Who do we treat?
Having extensive training, the physiotherapists at out downtown Edmonton clinic treat pediatric to geriatric clients and everything in-between. We have a passion for treating:
- Weekend warriors, particularly those who work and play in central Edmonton
- Athletes of all ages, with a particular emphasis on contact sports such as hockey and soccer and non-contact sports such as dance
- Chronic pain disorders
- White-collared workers (standing up to a sit down world)
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Worker’s compensation board
What can we treat?
Integral physiotherapists treat a broad range of injuries and disorders, including:
- Chronic pain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Rotator cuff syndrome
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Low back pain
- Upper back pain
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Recurrent or persistent injuries
- Spinal disc problems or degenerative disc disease
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthritic conditions
- DeQuervein’s tenosynovitis
- Impingement syndrome
- Post-operative and post-fracture rehabilitation
- Dizziness and balance issues
How we can help
Discover the many ways that you or a loved one can benefit from physiotherapy. Edmonton residents can contact our clinic at 587-401-2371 to schedule an appointment. Our team of physiotherapists and rehabilitation professionals are excited to help you get well, move well and live well!